News and analysis
“Gays from the whole world convened in Brussels to buy children": NTV's proactive disinformation aims at provoking strong emotional reactions.
Since 2017, the number of countries using organised social media manipulation campaigns has increased 150%, from 28 to 70.
Disinformation evolves in a dialogue between Russia and Western Europe. This can be illustrated by the current political term of "sovereignism"; the term has zag-zaged across Europe since the 19th century to become part of an anti-democratic agenda of the Kremlin.
How do you mix Latvian sprats with Russophobia? Was Hunter Biden trying to push for a war in Ukraine? What other disinformation ''treasures'' can be found in the EUvsDisinfo database? And how do you cure a disinformation hangover?
EP Today: A news website that doesn't write 99% of its articles, targets decision makers in the EU and misleads the public about the origin of most of their content: Russia Today.
- How to get the European Parliament to read Russia Today
- Kremlin Disinformation This Week: Old Lies, Jewish Bankers, and Green Dictators
- Kremlin Media on Greta Thunberg: “An Illiterate, Fanatic Messiah”
- The Kremlin Reads Nineteen Eighty-Four: Disinformation is Truth
- Old Wine, New Bottles, 6500 Disinformation Cases Later
In case you
News and analysis Archive
For all media enquiries, please contact the EEAS press team