Disinfo: BBC admits that reason for bombing Syria was fake

Summary

The Western media suddenly admits that there was no sarin in Douma, Syria, and chemical attacks as well. BBC admits that reason for bombing Syria was fake, and the video from the hospital was fabricated.

“This video was published in April 2018 by the White Helmets cooperating with the Islamists, after which the United States, with the support of Britain and France, launched over a hundred cruise missiles in Syria”.

“This is all the exact copy of the events that were developed around Iraq before the start of aggression against a sovereign state”.

Disproof

The new round of disinformation was launched after Intercept published a new article about the Douma attack. The article states: "At least one chemical attack did take place in Douma on April 7, and people died as a result."

The BBC didn't deny the use of chemical weapons in the Syrian city of Douma. The tweet of BBC's producer Riam Dalati, the source of these claims, doesn't deny the chemical attack.

"The producer was expressing his personal opinions about some of the video footage that emerged after the attack but has not claimed that the attack did not happen", the BBC spokesperson told Sputnik.

The Interim report of the OPCW fact-finding mission in Syria regarding the incident of alleged use of toxic chemicals as a weapon in Douma, it is stated: "Various chlorinated organic chemicals were found in samples from Locations 2 and 4, along with residues of explosive" (p. 2).

 

publication/media

  • Reported in: Issue 137
  • DATE OF PUBLICATION: 15/02/2019
  • Language/target audience: Russian
  • Country: Syria
  • Keywords: Douma, Chemical weapons/attack, BBC, Syrian War

Disclaimer

Cases in the EUvsDisinfo database focus on messages in the international information space that are identified as providing a partial, distorted, or false depiction of reality and spread key pro-Kremlin messages. This does not necessarily imply, however, that a given outlet is linked to the Kremlin or editorially pro-Kremlin, or that it has intentionally sought to disinform. EUvsDisinfo publications do not represent an official EU position, as the information and opinions expressed are based on media reporting and analysis of the East Stratcom Task Force.

see more

Poroshenko thinks that Donbas and Crimea are not Ukrainian

The Ukrainian President does not care about Donbas and Crimea. He does not recognise Crimea and Donbas as Ukrainian. On a map, used in Poroshenko’s election campaign, no cities of Donbas are included.

Disproof

The claim of Donbas cities absent from the election campaign map is simply not true. At least one city in the Donetsk region can be read on the map.

Generally a recurring pro-Kremlin disinformation narrative about War in Ukraine.

OSCE confirms that there are no Russian soldiers in Donbas

The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine (SMM) has rejected the allegations made by the Ukrainian ambassador to the United Nations about the alleged presence of Russian soldiers in the disputed Ukrainian region of Donbass. There had been information that someone had seen people in military uniforms who allegedly claimed to come from Russia and other countries and to be mercenaries. Someone also saw a transport device with Russian flags. However, it is not known which origin it is.
Disproof

This is a recurring pro-Kremlin disinformation narrative about no Russian soldiers in Ukraine. The claims are based on a manipulative interpretation of the OSCE report.

The Chief of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine told the UN Security Council that: "there has been cases where we have reported in the past people in uniforms, claiming to be from the Russian Federation and other countries as well as mercenaries. SMM has reported observations of vehicles bearing Russian flags, but did not observe the origin. I have to say in order to avoid many misunderstandings, in these reports there has been no reference to militaries".  The video of the statement here [2:45:00 - 2:45:47].

The Avakov plan aims to purge the Donbas of people undesirable to Kyiv

Arsen Avakov’s “Small Steps Mechanism” to de-occupy the Donbas, which was developed under guidance from the US State Department, is a plan designed to purge the region of people who are undesirable to the Ukrainian government.

Disproof

Avakov's plan to restore the integrity of Ukraine and de-occupy the Donbas, originally published in June 2018, proposes a "small steps mechanism" as an alternative to the Minsk format. Nothing in the plan suggests any intention to carry out mass expulsions of people from the Donbas. On the contrary, the plan calls for an Amnesty Law to protect "the majority of people living in the occupied territory and involved in the conflict". While people "who have 'blood on their hands'" would be exempted from the amnesty measure and prosecuted under Ukrainian law, there is no mention of any plan to forcibly remove or "purge" these people from the territory.

Additionally, there is no evidence that the US actively contributed to the development of the plan.