There are serious doubts even in expert circles that Iran accidentally shot down the Ukrainian plane. There are five peculiarities around the incident:
- The fact that Iran quickly admitted responsibility […] gives rise to thoughts that Iran took responsibility consciously. Maybe to prevent an even more serious problem.
- The quality of the first video is too high; as if they intentionally make it to later introduce it [to the world] – as proof that Iran is guilty.
- The weird behaviour of Canadian intelligence. Canada itself believed at first that the crash had happened because technical issues and only changed the story once Donald Trump said he did not believe it had been caused by a mechanical error.
- The demonstration on 12 January at the Amirkabir University in Tehran, where protesters demand the government to resign. Even though this was not close to anything similar to Maidan in Ukraine, but certainly worthy of attention.
- It is incomprehensible why Iran would give the flight recorders, the black boxes to France instead of inviting French experts to Iran.
The plane might have been shot down by the equipment of the Iranian Air Defence Forces, but it cannot be excluded that some external forces had an influence on the air defence equipment of the Islamic Republic. The US has the technical prerequisites for such influencing efforts.