Neo-Nazis preparing to assault a monastery in Kyiv

Summary

Neo-Nazis are preparing to assault the monastery Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra on 14 October, when Ukrainians celebrate Pokrov (Protection of the Mother of God) Day.

Disproof

No evidence given. In his interview, mentioned by pro-Kremlin media, the Metropolitan Pavel said that "there are threats that on October 14, on  Pokrov Day, there will happen assaults on the so called Moscow centres", he did not mention Neo-Nazis or specifically assaults on the Kyiv Pechersk Lavra.

A similar disinformation case from 2017 to be found here. Further debunk by Stop Fake.

publication/media

  • Reported in: Issue 119
  • DATE OF PUBLICATION: 18/09/2018
  • Language/target audience: Russian
  • Country: Ukraine
  • Keywords: Western values, Monuments, Nazi/Fascist
  • Outlet: Ukraina.ru Zvezda TV Narodny Korrespondent
see more

Russia was not allowed to meet Yulia Skripal

“For six months we (i.e. Russia) have been demanding, asking, and citing the legal grounds for getting consular access to the Russian citizen Yulia Skripal. In various forms, on various obviously far-fetched pretexts, we are not allowed to do this.”

Disproof

In fact, Yulia Skripal said in an interview that she was aware of Russian officials’ offers to meet, and that she refused on her own volition. “I have access to friends and family, and I have been made aware of my specific contacts at the Russian Embassy who have kindly offered me their assistance in any way they can,” Yulia Skripal said in a statement quoted by Reuters.

Read more by Polygraph: https://www.polygraph.info/a/yulia-skripal-refused-to-meet-with-russian-consulate-officials-fact-check/29502966.html?ltflags=mailer 

Kyiv is sabotaging the work of the Minsk Trilateral Group

Kyiv is sabotaging the work of the Minsk Trilateral Group, announced the so-called human rights commissioner of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic Daria Morozova. She claimed that Ukrainian representatives boycotted the last meeting which took place in Minsk on 19 September.

Disproof

Recurring pro-Kremlin narrative.

According to Daryna Olifer, spokeswoman for Leonid Kuchma, Ukraine’s representative to the Trilateral Group, Ukrainian representatives actively participated in the last trilateral group meeting. During the negotiations the Ukrainian side insisted on additional security measures in the Donbas region running up to the November elections that the separatist enclaves have decided to hold, elections which both Ukraine and the OSCE say contradict the terms of the Minsk accords. OSCE statement here.

The Investigators Were Silent, Following New Russian Claims on MH17

“We are unfortunately living in a propaganda era, when media and the Western establishment are trying to discredit any information coming from Russia. The team that investigates the plane’s downing will be obliged to take into account this new information released by the Russian authorities but the international community will remain silent. They prefer not to speak on a topic where they were wrong. They are and will remain totally silent on a subject. Their silence proves that this information is true and credible.”

Disproof

On Monday 17 September, the JIT, tasked with probing the case, issued a statement saying it had “taken note of the information that has been publicly presented by the authorities of the Russian Federation for the first time today.” The JIT went on to say that it had asked for the Russian Federation to provide “all relevant information” as early as 2014, specifically requesting in May of this year “information concerning numbers found on several recovered missile parts.”​

The JIT said it would “meticulously study” the new material once the new documents are made available, adding that information previously provided by Russia “had proven to be “factually inaccurate,” citing the “alleged presence of a fighter plane in the vicinity of MH17 on radar imagery presented to the public on (at) a press conference in July 2014.”​