Ukraine is planning an offensive in Donbas under the command of NATO military

Summary
Ukraine’s army command is preparing an offensive on positions of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) with the use of three army brigades and the Azov paramilitary battalion under control of foreign instructors, Daniil Bezsonov, a spokesman for the DPR operations command, said. “All these operations will be commanded by the military from the United States and Canada, or, in other words, by NATO military,” the Donetsk News Agency quoted him as saying.

Disproof

There are no credible sources reporting that this would be the case.

Pro-Kremlin sources repeatedly accused Ukraine of plans for escalation without providing any evidence, see e.g. euvsdisinfo.eu/report/ukraine-planning-major-hostilities-during-the-world-cup/;, euvsdisinfo.eu/report/ukraine-is-increasing-its-military-presence-in-donbas-and-is-preparing-a-major-provocation/;, or euvsdisinfo.eu/report/possible-that-kiev-plans-provocation-with-chemical-weapons-in-donbas/,

Pro-Kremlin sources repeatedly accuse foreign military of taking part in the war in Ukraine without providing any evidence, see dozens of cases in our database: euvsdisinfo.eu/disinformation-cases/?text=&disinfo_issue=&disinfo_keywords%5B%5D=77165&date=,

publication/media

  • Reported in: Issue 116
  • DATE OF PUBLICATION: 02/09/2018
  • Language/target audience: English
  • Country: Russia, Ukraine
  • Keywords: War in Ukraine, NATO, Foreign mercenaries
  • Outlet: TASS
see more

Kyiv is planning to launch an offensive on Donbas

Kyiv is planning to launch an offensive on Donbas on 14 September and is massing troops reinforced with large numbers of foreign mercenaries, including US and Canadian military personnel, in the Mariupol area.

Disproof

Conspiracy theory. No evidence of any war preparations.

Recurring pro-Kremlin disinformation on Ukrainian aggression. The same disinformation was actively spread ahead of the 2018 World Cup, among others, euvsdisinfo.eu/disinformation-cases/?text=&disinfo_issue=&disinfo_keywords%5B%5D=77110&date= euvsdisinfo.eu/disinformation-cases/?text=world+cup&disinfo_issue=&date=

The EU is a Nazi project, the plan to form the EU was created within Nazi Germany

“The Plan to Form the European Union Was Created within Nazi Germany”. The European Union is a Nazi project and it lacks democracy.

Disproof

Repeating a disinformation that had been debunked many times before, see e.g. euvsdisinfo.eu/nazi-east-nazi-west-nazi-over-the-cuckoos-nest/,

The founders of the EU have no connection with Nazis. The Nazi ideology and the EU are based on opposite values ​​and principles. Read more here: www.mythdetector.ge/en/myth/politicano-misinformation-if-european-union-nazi-project,

Footage shows Tskhinvali bombed by Georgians

On August 8, Georgia attacked South Ossetia. Director of a bakery in Tskhinvali says in the video that Georgian soldiers were entering houses in Tskhinvali and leaving hand grenades in basements. Afterwards, the video shows footage with Sophio Muradov.

Disproof

The footage is falsified: whereas NTV talks about the Georgian attacks in Tskhinvali, the footage in reality shows Gori that had been bombed by Russian Air Forces. Sophio Muradov was wounded during the bombings of residential buildings in Gori by the Russian Air Forces on August 9, 2008. Read more here: www.mythdetector.ge/en/myth/falsified-footage-ntv-gori-bombed-russian-air-forces-portrayed-tskhinvali,